Hygge Workbook is a culture blueprint for distributed teams that covers various aspects of the new way of working, from creating and managing atomic work tasks to surviving the mental health marathon. None of this is purely theoretical. We’ve studied successful remote projects and personally experimented with these ideas well before COVID changed the work culture landscape and made such workbook a vital part of any Hygge Company.
The main resource of any high-tech company is talent. Creating a natural environment that attracts and retains this talent is essential. We’ve picked Hygge, a Danish word for a mood of coziness and wellness as an embodiment of people-centric approach to creating that fertile talent land. Organizations that strive to implement ideas, described in this workbook, are called Hygge Companies. Hygge Workbook represents a handbook of these companies.
What Makes It Different?
- Hiring from all over the world instead of from a central location.
- Asynchronous work tasks and milestones over set working hours.
- Emphasizing the results over the hours put in.
- Writing down and recording knowledge over verbal explanations.
- Sharing information over creating need-to-know access.
- Every rule, guideline, and policy is open to change by anyone over top-down control.
- Formal work-related communication channels over informal conversations and meetings.